View all news articles

Window company exposed workers to Asbestos

Four employees have been left living in fear for their future health after being exposed while removing soffits on a property at Chirbury Gate in Montgomery, Powys, between 16 and 17 June 2009.

An investigation by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) found that 54-year-old Philip Leslie Davies, trading as Meadow View Windows and Conservatories, had failed to take effective measures to prevent or reduce his employees being exposed to the potentially deadly substance.

Davies admitted exposing employees to asbestos, failing to carry out a suitable and sufficient assessment, and failing to ensure adequate information, instruction and training was provided to employees.

Click here for the full story


View all news articles